The Hartford Section of the American Society for Quality (ASQ) would like to extend sincere condolences to the family of Tony Foley at this sad time of his passing (Jan. 20, 2018). Tony was a gentleman, tireless worker, statistician, quality expert and colleague to many members of the Hartford Section and other quality professionals throughout his long career in quality and statistics. For more than 35 years Tony has been involved with the Hartford Section serving on the Executive Board in various capacities including duties involving education and recertification including his wise advice on many matters. He will be missed.
The Executive Board of Hartford Section, ASQ 0103
ASQ Hartford will no longer be processing recertifications. This process is now being offered via the global body of ASQ. If it is time for you to recertify, please visit https://asq.org/cert/recertify. For assistance, please contact a customer care representative at 800-248-1946.
In 2003, ASQ established an award to recognize the development of statistical methods for solving quality problems in products or services. The award was named for Dorian Shainin, a leading authority on product quality and reliability. During a professional career that spanned nearly six decades, Shainin developed more than 20 statistical techniques for solving problems, controlling processes, and developing highly reliable products.
Job Title: Quality Technician/Engineer
Exempt or Non-exempt: Non-exempt
Department: Quality Job Grade:
About ARCOR Laser
With many years of experience behind us, ARCOR specializes in offering the finest quality services in precision laser welding, cutting, drilling and system integration. Our expertise is Laser Processing and Contract Manufacturing.
We are proud to work across many different industries for leading manufacturing companies, differentiating ourselves in the market place by introducing new and unique materials processing to our customers. This includes developing unique tooling, custom software, automated vision tracking and unique techniques that differentiates us from our competition.
Overall Purpose and Main Objectives:
This position assures quality products by defining inspection methods and evaluating process capability by SPC analysis to ensure and enhance our quality control process. In addition, this position will perform first piece, in-process and final inspections to meet quality standards for new and complex manufacturing production jobs.
Responsibilities and Capabilities Include:
- Ability to interpret blueprints and GD&T
- Ability to and use standard measuring equipment.
- Inspect a wide variety of parts, including 1st piece and 1st article inspections
- Consistently focus and maintain a high level of attentiveness and consistency when inspecting parts; while handling high volume.
- Ability to assess equipment requirements to best fit the quality plan.
- Audit jobs being worked on the shop floor to verify process compliance.
- Capable of CMM programming .
- Support the Quality Manager in adherence to ongoing Quality Management System certification requirements, assist with development, implementation and maintenance of quality procedures, standards, forms and records.
- Assist in problem solving and facilitating root cause analysis, corrective, and preventative action.
- Define inspection Methods and Inspection Plans for first piece, in-process and final inspections.
- Assist with validation activities (IQ, OQ and PQ) as needed.
- Conduct Gage R&R/Measurement Systems Analyses and Process Capability Analyses.
- Prepare First Article Inspection Packages that satisfy the requirements of AS9102.
- Assist with general quality training.
- Meet deadlines for shipments to support on-time deliveries.
- Take initiative to proactively look for the next assignment.
- Communicate with customers and suppliers regarding quality topics.
-High School diploma or GED.
- A minimum of five years of applicable Quality and Manufacturing experience.
- Blueprint experience with experience in Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Flexibility and willingness to move scheduling/priorities.
- Strong communication and follow through skills.
- Experience with industrial lasers and CMM inspection a plus.
- Familiarity with aerospace, medical devices and or semiconductor industry.
- Understands pneumatics and electromechanical systems.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office. Excel, Word and Power Point.
- Excellent communication skills. Verbal and written.
- Proficiency with , CAD/CAM, graphic programming.
- Ability to work independently and self-manage.
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Multi-tasking skills.
-May be required to lift up to 25 lbs
-Stationary work-stand and sit (majority of shift)
-Arcor Laser is an equal employment employer.
For more information, please contact:
4 Kenny Roberts Memorial Dr.
Suffield - CT 06078
All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, sex, religion, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, ancestry or citizenship status, genetic information, pregnancy status or any other characteristic protected by law.
We maintain a drug-free workplace.