For additional information please contact:
Bill Forthofer, Sr. manager, Quality Operations for Kaman Aerospace
Position: Advanced QA Systems/Production Support Lead
Company: Kaman Aerospace Group
Location: Bloomfield, CT
Salary Range: not provided
Employment Type: Full Time
Start Date: As soon as possible
Requirements and/or Preferences
Education: Bachelor's Degree
Required Experience: 3-5 Years
Working under the direction of the Sr. Quality Manager, with minimum supervision. Advanced QA Systems/Production Support Lead Supports all Quality Assurance Policies, Programs, KPI's, Surveys and Audits, RCCA, R&I, AS9100 ,FAA Part 21 and Part 145 requirements.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Support the Develop and recommend inspection and sampling techniques, quality plans or process control procedures that will ensure production of finished products, which meet customer, program and company quality specifications or standards.
• Participate in the establishment of department Procedures, Internal schedules, Goals and Objectives and support processes working with the Sr. Quality Manager for optimum performance adhering to program and department parameters.
• Assume quality systems administrative responsibilities for AVMRO &KCC. Responsibilities include a robust adherence to all OEM and Company Certifications (NAADCAP, AS9100 Rev D, and FAA) as well as MRO Processes and Procedures. Primary focal point for ensuring Employee required Certifications.
• Develop and oversee supplier rating system, which will define the total cost of ownership of products procured from supplier.
• Responsible for robust RCCA system. Expand Quality Clinic Processes and Manufacturing Corrective Action Boards (MCABs)
• Develop, implement and maintain a supplier approval system that will, in a cost effective manner, qualify suppliers to do business with KAC/MRO and meet varied contractual requirements.
• Oversee audits at supplier facilities to survey quality systems. Evaluate supplier quality systems, capabilities and data to assure suppliers meet Kaman/Customer specifications and contractual requirements.
• Primary responsibility over Internal Audit Program and support to maintain the AS9100 System including Registrar Audit coordination and OASIS updates working with the Sr. Quality Manager. Perform Internal Audits as necessary and process/records of qualified auditors.
• Manage the corrective action system to identify and correct supplier problems in a timely manner.
• Support the Sr. Quality Manager with the Federal Aviation (FAA) agency for production (MIDO) and aftermarket (FSDO) issues. (FAA Part 21 & Part 145 Req)
• Support those that interface between the company and suppliers in resolving technical problems. Coordinate with functional departments and ensure the problems are resolved in a timely manner. Support Quality review processes of the Purchase Order System as required and Contract Review.
• Establish and maintain effective communication with other operating departments and suppliers to facilitate problem identification and resolution and compliance with various specification requirements for supplier control.
• Working knowledge of ITAR - EAR certification requirements.
• Prepare and maintain reports such as vendor performance, surveys, specifications, corrective actions, etc. Maintain a list of approved vendors.
• Support receiving inspection to assure all applicable inspections/tests are performed to assure that only acceptable hardware is received into the company.
GENERAL: Maintain personal productive and quality standards as determined by supervision. Follow standard departmental/company practices and procedures, as outlined by management. Where required to access DOD classified information, must be qualified for appropriate security clearance. Maintain area in a clean and orderly condition. Perform similar and other related duties as required.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• Broad knowledge of a general technical field such as quality assurance.
• Undergraduate degree in manufacturing engineering, business management and business or related field.
• 3-5 years related experience in aircraft airframe and power plant systems.
• General experience in the aeronautical field, previous AS9100 / FAA experience preferred