For additional information please contact:
Jessica Zelazek, Human Resources Coordinator
Ensign-Brickford Aerospace & Defense Company
POSITION AVAILABLE- Quality Assurance Technician
Ensign-Bickford Aerospace & Defense Company (EBA&D) is a leader in energetic and non-energetic system solutions offered to aerospace, satellite and defense customers for a wide variety of applications. EBA&D products and capabilities set the U.S. standard and are highly sought after in the international community.
EBA&D seeks a Quality Assurance Technician. This position is located in Simsbury, CT.
This position supports multiple teams in Simsbury. The candidate will be responsible for providing effective verification of products and certification packages against requirements and the communication of findings associated to the verification.
• Perform inspection of components and assemblies as part of receiving inspection
• Maintain accurate, neat and complete inspection records
• Keep work area organized and clean and follow all established safety guidelines
• Work within a team structure to achieve company and department goals
• Perform additional duties related to specific area assignments when requested
The successful candidate must have graduated from High School or equivalent G.E.D. and 5+ years of experience with inspection of mechanical components in an aerospace or defense related company.
Required experience includes
• Capable of utilizing all standard inspection tools and equipment including calipers, micrometers, drop indicators, CMM and optical systems
• Capable of programming a CMM. The ability to operate and program a Mitutoyo Vision CMM, QV Pak Software, is highly desirable.
• Knowledge of ISO/AS procedures
• Must be able to read and interpret Geometric Dimension and Tolerance (GD&T)
• Must be able to read and understand military specifications and industry standards
• Must be able to read and understand English
• Effectively communicate and interact with all levels of management
• Meticulous with high attention to detail
• Must have basic PC fundamentals, knowledge of Microsoft Office is essential.
Six Sigma Green Belt through ASQ, CQE/CQM Certification program is a plus. Significant experience working directly with internal/external customers and suppliers.
If you are interested, please contact Jessica Zelazek: email@example.com
The Ensign-Bickford Aerospace & Defense Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information, national origin, or veteran status.