For Additional Infomation, Please Contact:
William (Bill) Deegan, Senior Manager, Technical Services at email@example.com
Quality Assurance Engineer
This position serves as the Supervisor for the Calibration and Warranty Return/Technical Service department. It shall also be responsible for support of the ISO 9001:2015 Quality Management System as well as continuing efforts to improve and achieve compliance to future management system initiatives.
- Supervise daily work flow of the Calibration and the Warranty Return/Technical Service departments. Coordinate and manage time edits and time off requests.
- Manage workflow requirements to meet production and service needs.
- Assure employees follow prescribed safety practices and procedures. Identify Safety concerns within these areas.
- Provide guidance, assistance, training, and backup to department team members.
- Maintain and improve databases used to manage workflow.
- Assist in the implementation, maintenance and improvement of the QMS.
- Develop measures of quality and publish reports on a regular basis. Identify and make recommendations for the implementation of corrective actions as required to address adverse trends.
- Conduct Internal audit of the Quality Management System. Identify Nonconformances, and opportunities for improvement.
- Assist in the development of, and improvement to, ISO 17025 compliant calibration processes. Create procedures for new and existing processes. Direct and complete testing required to establish proper measurement traceability.
- Evaluate Customer returns, establish warranty status, initiate repair cycle and maintain RGA Database.
- Prepare evaluation reports for warranty review and product performance indicators. Chair Warranty review meeting, presenting data and coordinate action items for next meeting.
- Carry out continuous improvement activities to reduce waste, improve processes and increase productivity.
- Provide backup and support in other areas within the organization as required and directed by management.
- Two-year degree in an Engineering or Technical discipline. Work experience will be considered in lieu of formal education.
- Minimum five years of experience in a Quality Assurance capacity supporting a Manufacturing and Service operation in a supervisory capacity.
- Working knowledge of ISO9001 and ISO17025, Quality Management Systems.
- Computer experience; Databases, Microsoft Office, MRP systems.
- Calibration and/or Inspection laboratory experience a plus.
- Ability to communicate in English, orally and in writing.
Perform other duties as assigned.
Reports directly to the Senior Manager, TechnicalService