For Additional Information, Please Contact:
William (Bill) Deegan, Senior Manager, Technical Services at firstname.lastname@example.org
The primary responsibility of this position is the facilitation of the calibration process for new product as well as the recertification of product. Product will include Cooper-Atkins finished goods prepared for sale, recalibration of customer owned product as well as all in-house instrumentation used in the manufacturing process.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Document calibration process and prepare reports.
- Maintain Calibration database.
- Test, calibrate and approve new products for delivery to the customer.
- Perform re-calibration and certification service for customer returned product.
- Calibrate in-house equipment, (includes basic mechanical inspection instrumentation and Cooper-Atkins made test boxes and instrumentation).
- Administer calibration methods and procedures.
- Coordinate and maintain external calibration of primary standards.
- Assist in the development and improvement of new calibration processes and procedures.
- Provide support and input for the purchase of equipment used in the calibration of Cooper-Atkins product.
- Maintain compliance to, and expand scope of services provided, to ISO17025 calibration laboratory standard.
- Provide backup and/or support, performing receiving and final quality control inspection as directed by Management.
- Provide backup and/or support in other areas within the organization as required and directed by Management.
Two-year degree or certification in industrial or electromechanical technician.
- Minimum 1 year experience in a calibration and/or inspection laboratory.
- Demonstrate complete understanding in all products, trouble shooting and repair.
- Ability to use various test and inspection equipment, DMM, power supplies, environmental chambers etc.
- Working knowledge of mechanical test and measuring equipment including, calipers, micrometers, go/no-go gauging, dial indicators, force gauges, etc.
- Ability to communicate in English, both orally and in writing.
- Computer experience, Microsoft office, databases, etc.
Perform other duties as assigned.
Reports directly to the Sr. Manager, Technical Services